In 2018 I will be 60. ( I love how the French say “I have 60 years,”— no need to go on about being old, young, or anything else. It is as if your age is something you own, as it should be.) I will have 60 years, that says it all. I am looking forward to what this new decade will bring into my life.
I might throw a party or take a trip when the big day arrives, but I am just as excited about my journey to 60. Here are some of my goals for the next year. This list is fluid, but these are a few ideas:
- More gatherings with my family and friends
- I’ve been doing this over weekends, some here at home, at other times I travel to see family and friends. I’m doing something monthly.
- New experiences – travel, the arts
- Mountain hiking
- Saw the musical In the Heights
- Read 50 books – nonfiction and fiction, poetry
- As of March I have read eight books (novels and nonfiction) and skimmed a few others.
- Wellbeing – go on a personal retreat, complete my 10 kilo challenge
- See the hiking experience above; this was part of my retreat. And I’m down one kilo, just nine to go.
- Explore nature, spend more time outdoors
- In February I went hiking in the Berkshires in western Massachusetts…in the snow and I enjoyed it.